Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Not big, but bigger

I know that she isn't a big baby. I get that Birdie is now only the size of an average baby at birth. However, she is certainly bigger! Most of her preemie outfits are way too small, and a few of her newborn outfits actually fit her now. I wish that I had gotten a picture of her with her giraffe right away, but, as it is, the first picture was actually taken when she was about a week old. Even so, I see a difference.


















We also had another first for Avery the other day. On Saturday I went to a friend's baby shower and Avery got to come. It was our first occasion to put Birdie in a dress. I LOVE this dress, and I love the way Birdie looks in it. I would put her in dresses every day if I could because I think it is too sweet. Avery had never been part of such a large group. We have been avoiding large crowds and this group of a dozen was big for her. As is her habit, she slept through the whole thing. Aah, to be an infant.

4 comments:

Micah said...

Poor kid is drowning, but I love the green and brown. I agree... she is definitely bigger. Keep this up and she's going to be a real fatty! :)

Unknown said...

I was so glad that you brought her to the shower. She was just adorable. I love the green dress too!

Anonymous said...

that dress has got to be the cutest thing ever!!!

jenn said...

I want that dress- does it come in my size? I feel that way pretty often about little girls clothes but they never do.