Friday, November 21, 2008

Mom's Day

I love being a mom. I love being home with my baby all day. I love when Avery snuggles with me first thing in the morning. But, I feel like it leaves me little to blog about. How many times can I say "My baby is cuter than yours. Neener, neener,"? So I think I will mention a few of the things we do together in the day.


Birdie and I love to go for walks. We go for walk every morning and sometimes again in the night when Daddy comes home. She loves to go outside and feel the very slight breeze in the desert air. It is the cutest when she feels the sun on her face she will stretch back as far as her carrier will allow and just bask in the glow. It is as though she is saying: "Ah...light." Then she falls asleep. But we sill walk and I sing to her most of the time. I know it is early but I am already singing her Christmas songs. We also sing primary songs and anything by Norah Jones. I'm trying to encourage calm emotions.



Avery also helps me with the laundry and the ironing by taking her tummy time. This is great exercise for her and much needed chore time for me. We love it when Daddy comes home for lunch in the day. We get to eat together and spend some time playing or napping. It is a great 35 minutes of the day. We will also run errands when time allows, but since Avery hates being in her car seat it does not really make for the best photos.



The end of the day, just before bed, is playtime. We get in our jammies and talk and giggle and cuddle before we put the sweet thing down for the night. This is Joe's favorite time, I think. He just can't wait until Avery is more interactive and ready to, I don't know, wrestle or play volleyball maybe. He just wants to play with her all the time.


We did manage to escape from the average routine yesterday for a couple of hours. We went with Aunt Stacie and Daddy to see the new James Bond movie. Avery was a peach; she slept the whole time. So except for the tiny issue of having to hold her while standing through the whole 2 hour movie, everything went great for our first movie theater experience since having a baby!

4 comments:

Angela said...

You had to stand through all of Bond??? That's just stupid. You should have gotten your money back.

Cute baby.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

It only gets more and more fun as they get older! She's a cutie. Glad you're enjoying being a mama.

georgia-mom said...

I've been wondering how you are doing, and what the baby is doing. She's growing, but still looks like a little bird! and she has kept her dark hair. Still so cute. I miss you all and glad to see and hear you're doing so well.

jenn said...

Super cute. Good thing I have no babies or I would have to fight you over title of cutest baby.

Standing through a whole movie- that is NOT a successful experience! Try again without the baby!