Tuesday, November 25, 2008

7 1/2 Hours

The night before last Avery scared me pretty badly. She slept for her usual 5 hours on the first leg of the night, and then, instead of sleeping for only 2 hours after that like usual, she slept for 5 more hours! I went busting into her room to make sure she was okay, and there she was just dreaming away. So she scared me, but I was grateful she had let me sleep so long after I made sure she was still breathing!

Last night was even better. I put the little Birdie down at 10 p.m. and Joe woke me up at 5:30 a.m. wondering when I had been up last. I told him I hadn't been up at all. I could hear Avery talking in the other room at that moment so I had no fear that she had stopped breathing in the night, but I had no idea that I had just experienced 7 1/2 hours of undisturbed sleep. I'm so refreshed that I can't go back to sleep! It's amazing how just over 7 hours of straight sleep can fell so much better than 10 hours of broken sleep.

5 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I didn't get that until nate was 10 months old so you're LUCKY! :)

Angela said...

I guess now would be a bad time to say I get solid sleep EVERY night! Haha! Don't worry, my days of sleepless nights will come and you can mock me then.

Elizabeth said...

It's official. I hate you!!

Not really, but with Becca I was up every hour and a half for six full months!! Count your blessings little sister. You got an angel there.

Bob and Danya said...

Congratulations on getting some sleep! Good Avery....Good Avery!

The Jacksons said...

Don't be too jealous Beth. Last night I was back to waking up twice and then she threw up on me first thing this morning. Still, I have to admit, she is a really good baby.