Friday, May 30, 2008

Baby Girl

So I think I finally figured out how to get the photos off of my cool ultrasound CD and onto a usable pic file! So, here are some of the photos of Baby Girl. This first one is what made Joe say, "Holy cow! She looks like Skeletor!" Leave it to Joe to come up with obscure 80's cartoon characters to describe our daughter. Men are so sensitive. Keep in mind that at this point I still can't see the screen so I have no idea why he would be saying such a hurtful thing. Once I was allowed to see her I got what he meant.






Since this photo wasn't creepy enough, Baby Girl decided to open her eyes for us to we could get a good look at her huge ocular lenses. So WEIRD! I admit that it freaked me out for a second. I had no idea that the picture would be so clear.




I think at this point Joe was fearing for our little babe and what she might look like. Thankfully she chose that moment to stretch out her little legs and Joe felt some relief. He sighed, "Oh good. At least she has nice legs." He was such a comfort on this particular doctor's visit.



So now that we know it is a girl, and that she is gaunt in face and long in leg, the next task is naming the sweet gal. I better save that for another post since I think that every name may take some explaining. Till next time!





8 comments:

Micah said...

I vote Heidi or Julia... Heidi Klum and Julia Roberts have long legs too!

Ok, she can be called Kitty after her loving mother. OH, maybe you should pick Savannah Georgia and move to Tennessee to teach! :)

That's all the more help I'm going to be. I don't actually like girl's names.

Elizabeth said...

I have never seen an ultrasound picture with eyes open like that. How creepy!

I can't wait to hear what names you have in mind for her. But I have to admit, I like Savannah Georgia. :D

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! You ae a blogger now:) I love when my friends blog so I can see what they are really up to. This will be a great way to keep in touch once we move....no our house is not done yet. I'm so glad you are having a girl. I can't wait to hear what name you decide on!

georgia-mom said...

Wow! there's a real baby in there!
She's already darling and I can't wait until I can hold her. Take good care of her, and you.

The Jacksons said...

Savannah Georgia is not on our list because mother says she has always disliked her name. However, Savannah Gray is on our short list.

Micah said...

Savannah Gray is pretty cute. It's too bad Mom doesn't like her name because Georgia Anne is the only girl's name we've come up with that Micah can stand. Kind of cute being both of our mother's names. He even likes the nickname ok - Gigi, or GG.

Is that too familiar, Mom?

georgia-mom said...

I never dreamed I would have a grandchild named after me because I didn't think any of you liked my name.
As I middle name, I love Savannah Georgia, but also Savannah Grey.
I also like Shelby or Riley, and can't decide enough to vote.
It's cute for Angicah to use both mothers' names, if you like them well enough. I'd plan a nickname though.

jenn said...

I want to hold your baby! I think babies are amazing and ultrasounds are so fun- congratulations!!