Born: February 8, 2011 at 2:05 p.m.
Weight: 7 lbs.
Height: 20 inches
I will spare most of the details here because there are children who read my blog. Let me just say that my delivery here in China was part SNL skit and part horror movie. Between the Chinese doctor screaming at me, the Red Bull they gave me to help with the pain, and the entire Chinese family I had to share a recovery room with, I have decided I will not be having another baby in China. I am so happy to be home and to have a healthy baby. I am healing as well, and I really hope that I am up and about soon.
Deceased: February 9, 2011
I got home from the hospital to find an email saying that I lost my dad while I was recovering. Some of you may know that this is not a huge surprise, he has been sick for a while, but the timing still sucks. On the one hand I have a new baby, a baby that my dad got to hear about and even see a picture of before he passed, but my dad is gone and I can't even go to his funeral.
So, it has been quite a week for us.



8 comments:
Kathryn, Joe and Avery, Congrats on a brand new healthy baby!! Sorry to hear the delivery was not what you would have liked.
So sorry to hear about your dad. Hugs to you. Wrap yourself in Heavenly Father's love.
Oh, Kathryn...that is sucky timing. I'm sure the picture of your perfect little boy brought him some peace and a smile.
Jared posted a pic on fb and little Oliver is ADORABLE! I'm so glad you got through giving birth in China!
I hope all goes well and I hope that your heart will heal soon. I know I'm a million miles away, but if there's anything I can do, just let me know!
What a bitter sweet time for you. Congrats on your baby Oliver. So happy you are both home and healthy. I would really love to hear about your birth story. It sounds like it was a crazy ride.
I am so sorry to hear about your father's passing. Hopefully Oliver's sweet spirit can help comfort you in this hard time. We love you and miss you guys!
I've been checking your blog like crazy and now it's paid off. You know I want your full birth story woman. I'm so happy for you guys having a little terror...Imean boy. They are definitely a different kind of fun than girls. I can't wait for your stories to begin. I'm sorry you had joy and pain having a baby and then losing your dad.
Oh, I am so happy and sorry for you. You're in our thoughts across the world. :)
You are braver than most of us to have a baby in China. You'll have to post the details, someday.
Yay for baby Oliver. SO happy for you. Welcome to the land of a BOY!
Congratulations on your new baby!!! I bet he is the cutest thing, just like Avery! We miss you guys so much!
I am so sorry to hear about your dad.
We love you guys!!!
Kelly and Tadd
Kathryn your description of labor made me choke I was laughing so hard. Maybe you can email us to tell us the whole story.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have a sweet little boy!!!!! I'm sure you are so in love! Can't wait to meet little Oliver some day!!!
So sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully your little Oliver can help your heart heal from this loss.
Emily was quite distressed about Oliver not getting to meet grandpa so she is thinking of all the things she will need to tell Oliver about his grandpa since she was lucky enough to know him.
Bittersweet is a common feeling this week.
Post a Comment