I mentioned previously that in order to finish all of my projects by our move date, August 11th, I need to complete 3 projects a week. I'm so happy to report that I am on track! This week I finished my blue dress, which really is a last week project, and I am wearing it to church this very day. I also made Avery the strawberry blouse and denim shorts outfit. This is still my favorite project to date. I ALSO have made:

Another skirt for myself. You may be wondering if I own enough skirts at this point? The answer is, maybe. I wear skirts all the time and I love having new ones to add to the pile so I don't think I have too many just yet.

Patriotic sailor shorts! The 4th of July is just around the corner and I wanted something fun and festive here's what I got! I admit, I kind of wish it was a skirt.

A fun twirly-dress for Avery. I found
this tutorial through my friend Gina. I've never used an -online tutorial but when I saw this I just had to try it. It not only helped me use up some scraps, but I used some newer fabrics that I had another project in mind for, but was not excited about. This fixed that.

Half way through I was over come with the thought that I was caught up in the idea of the dress so much that I may have missed that fact that it is not so much cute as it is tacky. I was almost afraid to finish it. Almost. I had already put in so much time and energy that I had to finish it. I'm glad I did. Avery will be wearing to to church this very day.
8 comments:
Where is the picture of Avery in that dress?! Have I mentioned I think you're amazing?
Oh, and if you'd like to make a skirt out of the material you used to make your sailor shorts, you have a sister here who loves to wear skirts too and thinks it would be adorable! ;)
The picture of your skirt does not do it justice as far as the color is concerned. I know it's awesome, what I mean is that fabric in person is so much more. Avery's dress is so dang cute but it would be cuter with her in it for the picture woman. Stop making such cute clothes because I want to make them all after I see them. :)
You are a sewing machine, girl!
Love the skirt, love the patriotic shorts, LOVE the twirly dress. You are something else.
Love it all! You're amazing!
The shorts are killin' me! And I can't believe all the pieces to Avery's super cute dress! You are AMAZING!
hello martha stewart! you are sooooo talented. I can't believe how far you have come with your sewing skills! Avery's face is so cute in the last pic. Hope you enjoyed your trip to Utah!
You are incredible!
Your sewing ability amazes me! I think everything you've ever made is perfect and looks so professional! You have some serious talent!
Post a Comment