Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I thought I was impressive.

I was going to post about how I've been on this awesome sewing spree. Since I last posted I have made a number of items and thought that I was being so good at getting my projects done. (By the way, I have to do three a week if I'm to finish before China.) Then I went to Gina's house. Silly me, thinking I was all speedy and productive. I think that every time I go over there she has a new pile of things she has made. And I go there a lot! Anyway, I'm going to post about all of the stuff I've made in the last week-or-so anyway.

Another pair of shorts for me. Really pretty on the hanger, I know. The best part is that they are made of a different fabric than the others and so they are magically too small. Wonderful.


A skirt for Avery. Had to change plans on the waistband at the last second, but still love the skirt.
A dress! My first one and I love it. Yay, me!
A skirt and embellished t-shirt for Avery. I love that you can take a plain tee and make it fancy with a little scrap of fabric.
My latest, a blouse and denim shorts for Avery. Perhaps my most favorite item for her yet. I made the pattern on the blouse so it is a little roomy, but I know better for next time!

7 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

Ok, seriously, you are awesome with that sewing machine! I love everything! You look great in that dress by the way! It's beautiful!

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

These all look great but the last outfit is my fav! Avery looks adorable!

jenn said...

Forget about Gina's stack- you ARE impressive! Good luck getting everything done! Megan is SO hoping you will want to sew when you are here next week!!

maymey-Old said...

Amazing! I think everything you make is adorable!

Angela said...

I love that blue dress. I hope to see it in person while you're here. I'm sorry your shorts are small. That's frustrating. Good job on the rest of the outfits though.

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress you made for yourself!! Amazing! I am awed by your talent.

georgia-mom said...

Your dress is just too cute on you! and Avery's blouse with the buttons... So fun to see all you are creating.